Here's what I thought to Vitaflo's 'Sphere'



A few weeks ago I attended a PKU Group session where I tried Vitaflo’s new supplement ‘Sphere’ for the first time. I was really pleased with the first taste so I arranged for a few samples to be sent over to me...

'Sphere' shaker
When the box arrived about a week or so later, I was so happy to find my very own shaker along with several sachets of Sphere. I really love that this shaker has a container attached to the bottom which you can remove and fill with your Sphere powder, making it convenient to take out and about with you.

Sphere comes in sachets of both 15 grams and 20 grams equivalent of protein and in the flavours Vanilla and Red Berry – I only tried a small amount of the Vanilla flavour at the clinic so I thought I would order both to try properly.

I was really looking forward to trying Sphere this time, as I had already had a good first impression my hopes were high… But unfortunately I
can’t say that I was as keen on the Vanilla flavour as I was the first time. I think this may have been because I had to drink more of it than the last time and also, it was probably way too concentrated for me. Although the idea of Sphere is that it can (supposedly) be taken with a small amount of water (according to the information on my box, Sphere 15 can be taken with 100 ml of water and Sphere 20 with 120 ml of water), this didn’t work well for me. I really love the concept of having less volume to drink because this is always something I have struggled with – sometimes after eating a big meal, the last thing you want to do is force a glass full of supplement down you. So for this reason, Sphere is ideal. But if you can’t tolerate the concentrated taste of it, then to me it seems like a bit of a pointless supplement to be on.

'Sphere' sachet
Just out of curiosity I thought I would try the Red Berry flavour but with a larger amount of water, however this didn’t improve the taste for me…

I really did want to love the taste of Sphere because I love the idea of it so much (smaller volume and also the cool little shaker). Also as Vitaflo produce Cooler, which was a big favourite of mine in the past, I think I expected myself to like Sphere just as much.

I'm always open to trialling new supplements, but for now I will be sticking with Bettermilk. As I will always say though, if you haven’t already given Sphere a try, then make sure you do so! Just because I wasn’t so keen doesn’t mean that you will be too.

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Me - ask me anything!

Name

Email *

Message *